Theatre31 is an exciting new programme that aims to empower 2000 children and young people across Sheppey and Medway to commission, co-create and engage in performing arts activities by June 2022. The programme is led by children and young people, and aims to support participants to develop confidence, aspirations, motivation, wellbeing and performing arts related knowledge and skills.
All opportunities are free of charge and include:
· the opportunity to join the two Youth Panels who decide what happens next!
· new youth theatre bases starting across Sheppey and Medway
· theatre trips for schools and youth organisations
· workshops and masterclasses
· schools performance festivals
· technical training
· local and national performance commissions
· support for schools and young people to achieve Arts Award and Artsmark
· pathways and careers advice for young people
· skills training for professional theatre makers and teaching staff
Theatre31 also aims to raise awareness about the amazing range of cultural opportunities available for children and young people in the region, developing sustainable channels of communications and connectivity for children, young people, schools, individual artists and creative organisations across Medway and Sheppey.
Theatre31 is funded by Arts Council England and delivered in partnership with Medway Council, the Brook Theatre, the Medway and Sheppey Local Cultural Education Partnerships and Ideastest, and supported by Kent County Council and Royal Opera House Bridge.